S.U.R.E. is an acronym of the Society for Urban and Rural Empowerment, Jaintia Hills. It is non-governmental organisation and the major objectives of the Society is to empower the poor and the vulnerable section of the society with special emphasis on the youths in both the Urban and rural areas of Jaintia hills District of Meghalaya.
- History : SURE was first established as Liberal Youth Cultural and Adventure Association (LYCAA) in the year 1995 and functioned in the said name for few years. During its ealier days the Association has conducted several programmes for the benefit of the youths which includes, District Debate and Quiz Competitions which was organised in collaboration with the Bharat Scouts and Guide Jaintia hills and the programme was organise in all the sub-divisional headquarter of the Jaintia Hills District.
- The Association was also able to organised Nature Camp and cleaning drive of the famous heritage the Bathing ghat called RUPASOR at Syndai and combined it with caving at Syndai Cave.
- The programme was sponsored by the District Planning Cell of the Office of the Deputy Commissioner Jaintia Hills, Jowai under the Chief Minister Youth Development Scheme (CMYDS).
- The Association has also organised several cycling competetion in Jowai town to promote healthy living among the people of the District.
- The Society in now being revived and renamed as Society for Urban and Rural Empowement with new vigour and vitality.
- Legal Status : The Society is registered as per registration of Society Act by the Government of Meghalaya vide Registration No.SR/SURE-75/95 of 1995.
- Official Address : Unitarian Church Jowai Campus, Iawmusiang, Jowai 793150, Jaintia Hills District, Meghalaya India.
The Society is represented by :
Rev. H.H.Mohrmen email: email@example.com
Mr. Biangpor S. Shylla email: firstname.lastname@example.org